[H-GEN] missing libraries?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Aug 6 10:09:17 EDT 1999

> Consider also the 'Chat' list (reply-to) if
> your posting is not on-topic for 'General'.

Hrm. Mutt's [L]ist-reply button doesn't handle this quite right now.

> Allen Grace wrote:
> > Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here?
> > allen at sporty:/home/allen > xfreecd &
> > bash: /usr/local/bin/xfreecd: No such file or directory

On the offchance, xfreecd *is* mode 755 (rwxr-xr-x), right?

On the other offchance, it's not an a.out binary on a kernel compiled
without a.out support (or a similar binary format mismatch)? (use
"file /usr/loc..." to see) (Although I can't imagine an a.out gtk-using
program...)

Assuming it's Linux, I guess you could also try something like "strace
sh -c xfreecd" and see if there are any obvious problems in all the mess
that comes up.  Ditto with ltrace. (There are strace and ltrace .debs,
so I'll blithely assume you can get them for whatever else you're using).

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds