[H-GEN] Re: Internal Modem and Linux

Hilton Travis QuarkComputers at email.com
Thu Aug 5 05:41:33 EDT 1999

( Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix related topics.  Consider also the 'Chat' list (reply-to) if
your posting is not on-topic for 'General'.  Including this text in
your reply shows that you have not read it. )

Hi Doug,

I have used a number of WebExcel modems myself, and know a number of people
with them.  No problems here either.  But, a number of people have
complained about failure rates being way too high - one wholesale/retail
outlet I know has had about a 30% failure!!!

Regards,
Hilton

(who is thinking about the merits of Banksia vs WebExcel and leaning towards
WebExcel still)