[H-GEN] [FOR SALE] O'Reilly Books

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Wed Aug 4 05:47:43 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Jason Henry Parker <jasonp at uq.net.au>)

Hi.

I've got 3 of my older and less-used O'Reilly books for sale:

 o Essential System Administration, AEleen Frisch, 2nd Edition
   [http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/esa2/]

   A good reference if you're not terribly familiar with Unix sysadmin
   tasks and like having a paper manual at hand.

 o TCP/IP Network Administration, Craig Hunt, 2nd Edition
   [http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tcp2/]

   Covers basic nethac^H^H^Hwork setup, DNS, common network services,
   sendmail, network security.  The content is broad, not deep.

 o DNS and BIND, Paul Albitz and Cricket Lu, 2nd Edition
   [http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns3/]

   Another good reference, slightly out-of-date now that BIND 8 is the
   standard, but BIND data file formats are mandated by RFC and the
   issues it covers are probably common to any BIND installation.

   www.ora.com says this has been superseded by the 3rd edition.

I've outlived these books and hope to sell them at more or less half
their usual price (McGills lists them each at $75), $40 each, or
nearest offer.  If you're interested, mail me *privately*---sending
mail to the list is a good way to get yourself ignored.  :)

jason

--
____   Every once in a while, you catch a memory leak,   /"\ ASCII ribbon
\ _/__ realise that the operating system hasn't crashed, \ /   campaign