[H-GEN] New Kernel compile fails to boot

Gearon, Paul pgea at qcom.com.au
Mon Aug 2 21:08:24 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Gearon, Paul" <pgea at qcom.com.au>)

> Well, development seems to be stable on .10 for a month or so (I think)
> so it's probably a nice one to use.  It seems to be working ok for me.

While we are at it...
does anyone run the 2.3.x series?  What do you think of it for stability,
features, etc?  This is for my home machine, so it's not mission critical
(after all, lots of people run Windows at home, so home users can obviously
handle their machine crashing every once in a while).  I'm tossing up
running an odd numbered kernel (which I've never done before), and I don't
really want a kernel that might crash every 10 minutes or so.

I'm just curious about USB etc.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.  (Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")