[H-GEN] Modprobe

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Mon Aug 2 18:39:42 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Marshall, Joshua" <MarshallJ at switch.aust.com>)

Hilton,

> I cannot see any lines relating to ppp in my
> /etc/conf.modules file at all.
> I'm getting the same errors that Joshua is getting.  Also, I
> cannot find the
> modules (ppp-compress) that it is after.

I stuck in the entries that Mark Suter gave me and it all worked (thanks
Mark!)

Here's the options again if you missed it the first time:

    alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp          # CI_BSD_COMPRESS
    alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate       # CI_DEFLATE
    alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate       # CI_DEFLATE_DRAFT

The other way to fix these problems is to compile them into the kernel ;)

Cheers,
Josh.