[H-GEN] Re: Unix vs NT (religious war :-)

Mark Suter mark at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Sun Aug 1 09:18:47 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Mark Suter <mark at zwitterion.humbug.org.au>)

Dougy,

> Now everyone is warmed up ..... I wonder if the experts can
> come up with a five minute plan to get routing sorted out
> on a Mandrake 6 box to allow some Win98 / Win2000 boxes with
> "real" IP's to browse the net etc ??

In the base case, the external network link will be a single interface
on the Linux box and that same host will be designated as the default
gateway for all the other hosts on another interface.

So, with eth0 on the internal network and eth1 the external link,
you only need to have a route for the local network to eth0 and a
default route to eth1 (gateway as necessary).

For more information, try the following or post more detail to
the list.

    http://www.monash.edu.au/mirror/ldp/HOWTO/NET-3-HOWTO.html
    http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/LDP/nag/nag.html

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter   | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au  | what you think I said, but I am not sure
PGP encryption is OK | you realise that what you  heard  is not
Ph: +61 4 1162 2316  | what I meant.                  anonymous