[H-GEN] PPP and dial-on-demand during certain hours

root dougy at gargoyle.apana.org.au
Sun Aug 1 06:35:14 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs root <dougy at gargoyle.apana.org.au>)

The only thing I found ppp script editing useful for was creating massive headaches .....
but then all I want the dialler thingy to actually do is convince my modem that it should
create a connection to the specified phone number forthwith ..... and thereafter maintain
that connection indefinitely if at all possible ...... how it does that I don't care as
long as
it doesn't call for use of prehistoric text editors. All of the utilities "wvdial, X-ISP &

Kppp" do the job well , so I sure don't have any need for messing around with anything
else