[H-GEN] interesting routing

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Fri Apr 23 00:26:55 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Bruce Campbell <bc at thehub.com.au>)

On 23 Apr 1999, Christopher Biggs wrote:

> (Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Christopher Biggs <chris at stallion.oz.au>)
>
> Hilton Travis <QuarkComputers at email.com> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:
> >
> > I didn't suggest RFC1918 said this was OK - I said that I don't see how
> > RFC1918 allows it.
>
> It doesn't.  It *prohibits* it.

It goes on to basically say in polite language that "If you use these
addresses in the real world(tm), and do not filter them at your border
router, you deserve whatever you get".

He with the finger in every pie, Bill Manning, has been running
nameservers for that zone since 1997, however it seems that in the last
month or so, it was added to the root name servers.  I suspect that an
amusing report will be forthcoming detailing the number of requests for
nameservice from blackhole.isi.edu .

> p.s. Those who were at QAUUG yesterday: I WANT AN ITSY!! :-)

Playing Doom on those things seems like a good way to increase RSI.

--==--
Bruce.