[H-GEN] Hardley Normal CD writers?

David Wood dwood at plugged.net.au
Sun Apr 18 20:10:18 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Wood <dwood at plugged.net.au>)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, sinfetik wrote:
> I have to buy from Harvey Normal so I can get 12 months interest free
> and I was really wondering if anyone had had any experience with drives
> bought from there, cause I am no expert.

I have no experience with drives from HN, but have had terrible trouble
with them in the past.  Their sales staff pulled a bait-and-switch on a
monitor, then the customer service department gave me the run-around when I
tried to take advantage of the legitimate warranty - they didn't want to
know me.

Be careful with these guys.  Like so many others, they are only a good
deal if you know exactly what you want and you _never_ need service.

Dave
David Wood                   | Telephone:  +61 7 3876 7140
mailto:dwood at plugged.net.au  | Facsimile:  +61 7 3876 7142
http://www.plugged.net.au    | PGP Key available via finger
"It is only the last and wildest kind of courage that can stand
on a tower before 10,000 people and tell them that twice two
is four."  - G.K. Chesterton