[H-GEN] Zip drives?

Martin Pool martinp at mincom.com
Tue Apr 13 20:31:39 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Martin Pool <martinp at mincom.com>)

Martin Pool wrote:
> Frank Brand wrote:
>
> > Sometimes I think that, unless you want to keep lots of discs over a long time, it is more cost effective to buy another HDD - removable if you like - and just back up to that.
> >
> > Its cheap, fast. If you got a 4Gb drive around $230 at 87 mb a fortnight, the 4Gb-er would last about 2 years. It is just as unlikely for two HDD's to fail together as one HDD and a Tape unit or Zip
>
> That's pretty true.  I am a little concerned about the machine catching
> fire or clobbering all it's filesystems, but I guess that can be solved
> by a removable-HD cradle.

Oops.  Too late.  snapfs clobbered some files on another partition
(/home) on Monday night by screwing up the inode cache.  Ah well.

How's the reputation of Sunlit in Toowong?

 /\\\  Mincom | Martin Pool          | martin.pool at mincom.com
// \\\        | Software Engineer    | Phone: +61 7 3303-3333
\\ ///        | Mincom Pty. Ltd.     |
 \///         | Teneriffe, Brisbane  | Speaking for myself only