[H-GEN] Decstation bits

Jason Henry Parker henry at freezer.humbug.org.au
Wed Apr 7 06:12:20 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Jason Henry Parker <henry at freezer.humbug.org.au>)

The following came to me via the netbsd port-pmax mailing list, and I
know that one or two other humbuggers have decstations but are not on
the list, so I've forwarded it here.

I'm afraid I know nothing more about it, refer to the named web sites
etc for more information.

Jason "I love my pmax" Parker

---8<---CUT HERE---8<---

During my search for flush BIOS image of an old abandoned Compaq which
I managed to reclaim last week, I encoutered two Digital product
resellers online;

	Great Lakes Computer (www.glcomp.com)
	NEXL (www.usedec.com)

I found at least one of them sells DECstation subassembly; TURBOchannel
option cards and memories.

        PMAG-BA               $125
        PMAG-CA               $115
        PMAZ-AA               $575
        MS01-AA                $35
	DEFTA-AA	      $895
        DEFTA-FA	    $1,250

It's upto you to judge whether the prices are reasonable or not.  For
example, EISA/PCI PDQ are much cheaper...

Found further info on www.usedec.com;

MS01-AA           4MB, DS5000                      $100
MS01-CA          16MB, (SIMMS) DECstations         $225
MS02-AA           8MB, DS5000/200                  $150
MS02-CA          32MB, DECstations                 $300

Other Digital camps (alpha/vax) would be also attracted.

---8<---CUT HERE---8<---

--
``And those same things that would have repelled most ____
others, they were the very magnets that thus drew me. \ _/__