[H-GEN] Cyrix Hell

David Wood dwood at plugged.net.au
Mon Sep 28 02:12:18 EDT 1998

Hi all,

I have an interesting problem running X on a Concord system with a Cyrix
150 chip.  It seems to run fine in character mode, including building
kernels.  It initially runs X, but crashes regularly and sometimes
catastrophically.

/var/log/messages showed the following recently:

     kernel:  invalid opperand: 0000
     kernel:  Aiee, killing interrupt handler

The 'invalid opperand' line made me think that it was a problem with the
Cyrix chip.  I have the remainder of the messages file if it is of any
use.  Any ideas???

BTW:  Loss of the interrupt handler while running X leaves the machine
in a very fun state.  I had a single xterm that couldn't fork :)

Thanks,
Dave
David Wood                | Whenever you find yourself on the side
dwood at plugged.net.au      | of the majority, it is time to reform.
http://www.plugged.net.au |                - Mark Twain