[H-GEN] RH modules (long)

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Wed May 20 00:55:53 EDT 1998

Paul Gearon <gearon at computer.org> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> This explains much.  I only included a few lines from the
> /var/log/messages file so I didn't give the complete picture.  In
> fact init was sending out a VERY large stream of errors every 5
> minutes

In that case, it's probably what Martin said---an errant getty.

"5 minutes" is the magical time for which a misbehaving getty would be
disabled before being restarted.

> Is there any way I can do that through silo.conf?

quite probably.   There's usually a way to pass kernel parameters in
all linux bootloaders.

> > Hmmm, I wonder if /dev/null works...?
>
> Yup.  I assume you are being funny here?

Nah, I meant "I wonder if there's an explicit boot parameter to tell
the kernel there's no console device".

cjb.

--
     __
    /  \
     ||chris at stallion.oz.au
One more infobahn cliche couldn't hurt...