[H-GEN] ld blues

Doug South dsouth at squirrel.net
Thu May 7 15:40:26 EDT 1998

Hi guys,

Long time no anything...

Anyway, I'm back in the world of the living after tossing MS completely
out the window. I've seen the error of my ways (not to mention that java
development is now nicer under linux).

I'm currently working on writing native GTK stuff for java, but I've run
into a small problem. I have created a library using GTK, but when I try
to use the library, I get:

/usr/local/lib/libgtk.so: undefined symbol: g_strcasecmp (libgtk.so)

>From what I can figure, g_strcasecmp is in libglib.so.

When I use ld, I have the following flags set:

-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lm
-shared

I have run ldconfig.

Any suggests as what I'm doing wrong or what I can try to get this
library to work correctly?

One small question, I noticed that the libraries in /lib have their
executable bit set, but the libraries in /usr/local/lib (which is mainly
just the gtk libs: gtk, gdk and glib) don't have their executable bit
set. Is this important? Is this something ldconfig sets?

Doug
--
My wasted space --- http://www.squirrel.net/~dsouth