[H-GEN] wtb cdrom drives

Robert Brockway robert at zen.humbug.org.au
Thu May 7 00:02:10 EDT 1998

Hi all.  Anyone got a sbpro cdrom drive suitable for an 8bit sbpro they
have lying around.  You can turn it into a few dollars and make sure it
goes to a good home.  This would go in my 2nd computer 'orac' and would be
used mainly to play CDs.

Also, a friend of mine (many of you will now Anne) has a problem with her
Cdrom drive. A member of her family broke her it.  She paid for the
computer herself by working odd jobs,etc.  I'm not sure if the family
member in question can/will pay for a new cdrom, so I'm seeing if anyone
has a cheapish/oldish ide cdrom (4x or 6x ideal) to use a replacement.

The broken unit is a 24x but any old cdrom would be great.  I'll be going
over next time I have a few days off and I'll see if I can
coerce/negotiate/council the cdrom drive into working again but I am
familar with what this poor drive has been through (had a cd jammed in
it for over 2 months) and am not hopeful (I believe the motor has finally
burned out).  To be honest when the jammed cd was discovered I was
surprised it kept working, but the poor thing kept on running for as long
as it could).
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at zen.humbug.org.au, robert at icc.net.au