[H-GEN] customizing X

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Sat Mar 14 20:39:41 EST 1998

Robert Brockway wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Michael Dooley wrote:
>
> > BTW there is something I'm not sure about.  There isn't just one wm
> > config file, there are many eg fvwm2rc.init, fvwm2rc.defines etc.

> system wide rc file usually called system.fvwm2rc (in a very obscure
> directory).
> Cheers,
>         -Robert

Yes but don't all (or most) of the config files get called starting with
xinit, Xclients, Xresources, fvwm2rc etc etc. Each file calling other
files such as defines, menus etc. I found it quite a chore and rather
difficult to follow in Next Level or Another Level. Robert is correct
about the system.fvwm2rc, it is located in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2 in
Red Hat 5 but the m4 file fvwmrc.m4 in the Next Level (RH 4's) or
Another Level (RH 5's) is the meat of a lot of stuff if I remember
correctly. You can track all this through from Xinit and the other
initialisation files