[H-GEN] Re: National Installfest.

Matthew Tippett mtippett at linuxsa.org.au
Tue Jun 30 23:24:34 EDT 1998

As one of the organisers of LinuxSA, and also the one who
got the whole National thing going I will make a couple of
comments.

At the moment it looks like at least four groups will be
going on.

Since we probably have 'critical mass' of groups to make
it look partially national we can look at the other issues.

The reason I was started the idea off in the first place is
so that each group can capitalise on national advertising.
My intent was to have national advertising point to a
central 'cross-bar' such as Linux Australia which would give
an overview of what is going on and point people to their
local groups.  Groups not involved on the day would still have
a pointer (at least to the national LUG listing on that site
anyway).

Local advertising can capitalise off the national advertising.
I already have permission to use the cool 'Don't fear the penguins'
logo on http://slashdot.org/~bep (with some proviso's) so
get in touch with me for that one.  We can have basic flyers with
'fill your LUG information here' areas.

But anyway, to assist in the organisation join the auslug mailing
list.  To subscribe send a mail to auslug-request at linuxsa.org.au with
SUBSCRIBE in the subject.

'Nuff said.

Cheers,