[H-GEN] RE: the order hdd's are mounted

James Mcpherson j.mcpherson at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Sat Jun 13 21:52:43 EDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, David Wood wrote:
> David Wood wrote:
> > Michael Anthon wrote:
> > > I cannot see an alpha, or alpha-numeric sort order in
> > > either of the following lists......
> > > /dev/hdb8
> > > /dev/hdb12
> > > /dev/hdb11
> > > /dev/hdb10
> > > /dev/hdb9
> > Well, this one sure looks like a reverse alphanumeric sort to me...
> Of course, that's why I'm not a librarian...

grrrr. I'm _not_ a librarian, I just play one on tv.

The point that I was trying to make was that the mountpoints that Michael
was talking about were just what he had specified. Unfortunately, he was
apparently unable to match up the lefthand/righthand column output from
mount and see that, on a partition by partition basis, that was what he
had specified in his /etc/fstab!

Just because it doesn't print out the way you think it should doesn't mean
that it hasn't worked. As I wrote earlier,  if you don't like it, UTSL!
And if the output from mount isn't exactly what you though, don't you
remember how large the partitions are?

jcm
libBofh
(cutting over to a new server. fsck I hate working on Sundays)

--
 I do not speak for the University of Queensland or the University Library
J.McPherson at mailbox.uq.edu..au   | this space _not_ for rent.