[H-GEN] Request for Information

Robert Brockway robert at zen.humbug.org.au
Thu Jul 23 07:02:22 EDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Anthony Towns wrote:

> I'll note in passing that both these things are `guaranteed' by the
> constitution as it stands -- sections 4g (Notice of at least one week
> must be given for any executive meeting) and 5c (Notice of at least
> one week should be given for any General Meeting).

Wow.  i had forgotten there was a reference to General Meetings in the Con
:)  I thought the only reference was to SGMs and AGMs.  Better re-read
the Con.

> I suppose I'd like to affirm David's point that we should perhaps look
> at following the current constitution a little more carefully before we
> start looking at becoming incorporated, or, for that matter, before we
> look towards adding more rules.

I would like to see it all streamlined in the up coming revision.  More
rules would be bad, imho :)

> ]                  4 for
> ]                  1 abstain
> ] a new cash box is to be purchased.

> ] 8c)     All club expenditure must be approved by a unanimous executive
> ]         decision.
>
> While I have perfect confidence in the executive's handling of Humbug's
> finances (especially after witnessing the discussion on the banner),
> I am curious as to whether the executive are overlooking this clause as
> unworkable, interpreting `unanimous' as `unopposed' or something else.

I am glad you mentioned this.  I had noticed it and forgotten to mention
it to the exec.  The Con is a little unclear in this regard imho.  It
should be clarified in the revision.

> I would also appreciate it if the minutes included the names of who
> voted which way. I see no reason for executive votes to be anonymous,
> and, personally, would be interested to know who was voting for and
> against what.

Seems fair (from the point of view of an ex-exec member).
I have always prefered members taking an interest in exec decisions, and
to this end seeig who voted which way seems fair.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at blake.humbug.org.au,
				robert at humbug.org.au, r.brockway at uq.net.au