[H-GEN] [Hardware] Removable hard drive cradles for sale

Daehenoc n1455885 at student.fit.qut.edu.au
Thu Jul 23 02:36:32 EDT 1998

Hello all, I have in my hands some removable HDD cradles.
Seeing as there are far to many for me to use, I am curious if anyone else
would like to purchase some of such off me.

Details:
SCSI-3
1 in perfect condition
4 in working condition with some fault

SCSI-2
2 in perfect condition

IDE
3 in perfect condition

The SCSI-3 Cradles are the best assemblies, being constructed of cast
aluminium, with extraction fans to remove heat (causes read/write
failures). The SCSI-2 and IDE cradles are plastic (no fans).

I purchased three SCSI-3 cradles and put them into my pro which I will
bring along this Saturday, so ppl can come along and have a look at the
SCSI-3 cradles if they want.

I'm asking $35 for the SCSI-3 cradle in perfect condition, $25 ea for the
SCSI-3 cradles that have faults, $30 per SCSI-2 cradle, $20 per IDE
cradle.

Bear in mind that some of these cradles were reported as faulty - I tested
all of them (there were about 30) I got to keep 1/2 the perfect condition
cradles, and the faulty cradles were chucked (about 12). There is no
warranty whatsoever (reflected by the low prices - IMHO :)). All the
cradles that I tested WORKED.

Send me mail...

Greg Vickers, R&D Technician, Quality Assurance Technician and Service
Technician

... Daehenoc ... a.k.a The Gingerbread Man