[H-GEN] AMD K6 thingys

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Tue Jul 7 01:27:31 EDT 1998

Rob Kearey wrote:

> What be the difference between the K6 and the K6-2, anyways?

Nik K said it all, except that my information is that, so far, all is
not well with the Super 7 boards and that they are not all that stable.
Rumblings from Taiwan were that the motherboard manufacturers may decide
not to support the standard and opt for Intel's proprietory slots.

However the K6-2 seems very nice. I have been a supporter of AMD chips I
have always found them to be very good. Question is whether Intel can
move the market fast enough before AMD has an opportunity to properly
respond.

Recently, when in Hong Kong, I found most of the socket 7 boards were
supporting mega-speeds - usually up to 133 MHz at least. Further, there
were a lot of boards carrying VIA MVP3 chipsets and 1Mb of cache
--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Homepage: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand