[H-GEN] Titanic effort by Linux

David Shackleton dshackle at pineapple.goldenglow.com.au
Mon Jan 26 02:11:40 EST 1998

I was surprised and very pleased to discover that Linux had played a key
part in bringing Titanic to life.  Linux was the platform selected to run
the "Render-Ranch" farm of DEC Alpha's, and allowed Digital Domain to meet
their deadlines, on time and on  budget, by tripling their computational
ability.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/issue46/2494.html

Yet another real-world instance where Linux is setting the bar.

David Shackleton                      <dshackle at goldenglow.com.au>
Systems Analyst/Programmer           http://www.goldenglow.com.au
Queensland Biochemics Pty Ltd           <market at goldenglow.com.au>
trading as Golden Glow Health Products  <orders at goldenglow.com.au>
 /  `-' `.     home   Shackleton's Dilemma:
/         * <- sweet   I really should get back to work. I'll have
\_,---._,'     home    to put off procrastinating until tomorrow.