[H-GEN] Afterstep

gearon at computer.org gearon at computer.org
Wed Jan 14 14:18:57 EST 1998

After trying to install AfterStep on the Sun I ran into the following
problem during the make:

GetFdWidth.c: In function `GetFdWidth':
GetFdWidth.c:13: `_SC_OPEN_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
GetFdWidth.c:13: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
GetFdWidth.c:13: for each function it appears in.) make[1]: ***
[GetFdWidth.o] Error 1

but when I look at the file /usr/include/confname.h (which is where
_SC_OPEN_MAX is defined) I find the following snippet:

/* Values for the argument to `sysconf'.  */
enum
  {
#ifndef __sparc__
    _SC_ARG_MAX
#ifdef __SVR4_I386_ABI_L1__
    = 1
#endif /*__SVR4_I386_ABI_L1__*/
    ,
    _SC_CHILD_MAX,
    _SC_CLK_TCK,
    _SC_NGROUPS_MAX,
    _SC_OPEN_MAX,
#endif /* sparc */

Does this therefore mean that I can't build AfterStep for a sparc???
OTOH, if I _can_ build AfterStep then does anyone know a safe way to
modify GetFdWidth?

TIA
Paul

<flamebait>
P.S.  I'm having a lot of fun with RedHat on this sparc.  I don't
really really need it on my PC anymore.  Maybe I should go back to
Solaris.....  :o)
</flamebait>

gearon at computer.org

If God had meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way.