[H-GEN] Diskless boxes for internet access

Steve Pinel spinel at ssc.qld.edu.au
Fri Jan 9 10:54:39 EST 1998

This seems to be where I am at the moment.

Caldera OpenDOS is free to educational institutions, so I run OpenDOS on the
workstations (loaded off the Netware server on bootup), and run an X-server
on each of the workstations, making them X-terms.  I configure a dedicated
Linux server to run Netscape for each of the (four or so) X-terms, specs for
the X-Client (grunty server) should be P-100 or higher, with 64Mb RAM.

Anyone got eny suggestions for a DOS based X-server?

I know Netscape is greedy, but I really need to provide a common interface
across the school for internet access, or the less computer literate amongst
us (most staff and many students), just won't use them.