[H-GEN] Make, and lesstif.

A Bruce in the Land of the Bruces brucec at humbug.org.au
Tue Feb 17 05:25:09 EST 1998

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Jason Parker wrote:

>         ${CC} ${CFLAGS} -c ${OBJ:%.o=$(srcdir)/%.c}
> .endfor
>
> which I'm assuming use some form of GNU make[1] extension.  Can
> anyone provide me with some clues here?  Anyone got the make book
> from ora?

a) did you run the configure script?
b) did you read the relevant README files and make any required changes
   for whatever OS toaster is on.
c) are you really running GNU Make?  (ie, make --version)
d) does it need GNU make?  (that looks like a BSD-style makefile with .for
   and .endfor)
e) Are you holding your tongue the right way? ;)

--==--
Bruce.

You think thats hard.  Try porting over a whole io-intensive auth system
to a different OS.  With differing versions of make.  and libraries.  and
have it done yesterday.  And dealing with morons who take ages to get to
the point.  And you really don't want to know about email.