[H-GEN] Admin pay scales

Martin Pool mbp at meesha.humbug.org.au
Wed Apr 22 23:25:10 EDT 1998

James McP wrote:

>Hi. As some of you know I am unix systems admin at the UQ Library. This is
>nice, but from my point of view they are not paying me enough - I'm getting
>base rate of $28.7k, and have just been awarded a "higher duties allowance"
>of, wait for it, a whopping $18.73 a fortnight.

Try AUUG, SAGE-AU, IEaust, or APESMA.  They tend to run salary surveys
every so often and should be able to tell you a typical range for your
situation.

Personally, I found APESMA (the Association of Professional Engineers,
Scientists, and Managers of Australia, or something) very helpful.
They checked my Pharos employment contract for free to make sure there
was nothing wrong with the fine print.  If you're qualified to join,
it could be worth giving them a call.

  http://www.apesma.asn.au/

HTH.

> Many thanks in advance,