[H-GEN] [TROLL] There must be something better than sendmail :)

David Jericho davidj at meesha.humbug.org.au
Sat Apr 11 21:16:48 EDT 1998

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Jason Henry Parker wrote:

> However, I'm hesitant.  I'd like to canvas the Collective for some
> opinions on MTA's before I commit myself (I'd really like to only do
> this once  :).

Well, once I reinstalled meesha, I put exim on (www.exim.org - duh ;).

Written by one of the past authors of smail, it's got quite a lot of
qmail's nicer security features, and sendmail's features. While I haven't
played with it beyond just using it as a stock standard MTA that delivers
into ~/Mailbox, it's nice from what I have read.

> Now, I *know* that there are several rabid qmail and sendmail supporters
> in HUMBUG, and I'm trusting that you'll succ^H^H^H^Hcome to my aid.

qmail sucks, believe me ;) No ETRN for one :) And it rather likes doing
double delivery in a certain setup (growl).

--
David "Former qmail advocate" Jericho
	Remember, delegate, pass the blame and take the fame...