[H-GEN] Sparc Stations

Campbell Pool cpl at gil.com.au
Wed Apr 8 02:07:07 EDT 1998

On Wednesday, April 08, 1998 1:19 PM, Brenton Bills
[SMTP:b.bills at student.qut.edu.au] wrote:

> For those people that got in early and got them for $100, count
yourself
> lucky. I went over there today and they guy would not sell them for
less
> than $175. I was going to get three. I did not have enough cash for 2
;).

> He said that he has since fired the guy that was selling them for $100
> because it was illigal as he was selling them lower than what they
went
> for at auction. I dont know if it is true.

I was there this morning, and got 2 which startup for $200, plus another
for a friend ($100)
I called this afternoon, and was told that the person who had bid $175
apiece was taking the rest, and I would have to come up with $175+ to
get any more!

Perhaps in the future, we could get all the people who are after them,
and organise a group buy to get as many as possible?
Your thoughts?

P.S. I haven't had a good look yet, but does anyone know what sort of
ram they take? and where to get it if proprietary?

Campbell, Hating MS OutBreak!