[H-GEN] Mail problems.......*almost* solved

Michael Anthon anthonm at ats.com.au
Thu Sep 25 06:57:24 EDT 1997

> > configuration.  Even got a trip to Malaysia to fix a modem problem over
> > there (which turned out to be a cable fault !!!!)
>
> That'd be cool :)

Wasn't to bad, but Malaysian food is bloody awful.  China was MUCH better
and a lot more interesting.  Have never before eaten turtle (little
freshwater ones, not green sea turtles !!! no mail bombs from greenies
please), snake, snails, pig tripe (actually tastes a lot better than it
sounds) and various other unnamed pieces of food.  It seems that if the
Chinese can catch it and get in into a pot to cook it, they will eat it (no
disrespect to the Chinese intended here).  I was there for 2 1/2 weeks and
had to eat till I was absolutley stuffed almost every lunch and dinner, but
I returned home a couple of kilos lighter... very strange.
I would recommend to everyone that if they get the chance to go to China,
then take it.  The place is mind boggling and makes me appreciate how lucky
we are to live in Austrlia

Regards
Michael Anthon

PS. "Chinese Wine" is evil.  It's actually distilled spirits, about 40%
alcohol.  And they love sculling big glasses of it.  Tastes good
though...hic.