[H-GEN] Re: [SLUG] Re: [H-CHAT] APC Mag November Issue

Charlie Brady cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Oct 26 21:45:12 EST 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Andrae Muys wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Matthew Tippett wrote:
>
> > Haven't had much of a look at all the stories on the web
> > (http://www.apcmag.com) but it looks *VERY* positive.
>
> Well I went out and bought my copy last night.  Very favourable coverage,
> we have much to thank APC for.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but what have we really got to thank
them for? After years of failing to acknowledge the existence of Linux,
they have included a couple of positive articles about Linux. Considering
that Linux is not only free, but close to the fastest, most versatile,
most reliable and best supported PC software available, the coverage
doesn't amount to much.

APC should be congratulated for their coverage of Linux (and it is only
one swallow so far), but I'll save my thanks for the army that put Linux
together.

IMNSHO, of course :-)

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady at ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301