[H-GEN] Re: [H-CHAT] APC Mag November Issue

Andrae Muys A.Muys at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 21:26:38 EDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Matthew Tippett wrote:

> Haven't had much of a look at all the stories on the web
> (http://www.apcmag.com) but it looks *VERY* positive.

Well I went out and bought my copy last night.  Very favourable coverage,
we have much to thank APC for.  Linux was the feature article for this
months edition "Linux comes in from the cold." (pg 81).  There was also a
four page article "The Linux Community: Intellectual elitism" (pg 86),
quotes David Hewson (of British Sunday Times fame) on the first page, then
spends the next three giving us all the thumbs up.  This is the article
which quotes Matthew Tippet, Bruce Tulloch, and Jamie Honan.  It also
mentions the various user groups and even mentions AUUG, and APCUG.

There is also an article in the OS Workshop by Geoffrey Bennett, and I
believe congratulations are in order for Geoff (who will be receiving this
mail at least three times :).  Well written, well paced, and it covers
most of the basics required by anyone who might be considering linux.

I would also encourage anyone who buys this months APC who normally
wouldn't to write to APC and thank them for the linux coverage.  Let them
know that they have made extra sales because of the coverage, and that it
is appreciated by the Linux community at large.

Andrae Muys

andrae at humbug.org.au