[H-GEN] Re: [SLUG] Re: APC Mag November Issue

Matt Hyne mhyne at tip.CSIRO.AU
Sun Oct 26 20:58:49 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Rachel Polanskis wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Anthony Rumble wrote:
>
> > > Once again, it all comes down to marketing.... :/
> >
> > WHat about the Netscape thats shipped with Caldera OpenLinux?
> > It's listed along with the Netgscacpe server..
> > Surly that must be supported? Perhaps by Caldera?
>
> I think you'll find that's the case; probably support is handed over to Caldera
> - it's a "partnership" thing.
> Netscape for Solaris is also shipped with
> Solaris 2.6 for SPARC and X86.  It even comes on it's own CD
> but with Sun's screen printing.  Also, some of the buttons are modifed too!
> The "Software" button on my ordinary Netscape 3.01 is labeled "About Sun"
> and takes you to Sun's home page in the 2.6 bundled 3.03 version!

Netscape for OS/2, Solaris and SCO Openserver are OEM products and must be
supported by the OS vendor NOT Netscape.

In fact I know Navigator for OS/2 was ported to OS/2 by IBM programmers
not Netscape.