[H-GEN] Re: [SLUG] Re: APC Mag November Issue

Rachel Polanskis rachel at nepean.uws.edu.au
Sun Oct 26 20:10:27 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Anthony Rumble wrote:

> > Once again, it all comes down to marketing.... :/
>
> WHat about the Netscape thats shipped with Caldera OpenLinux?
> It's listed along with the Netgscacpe server..
> Surly that must be supported? Perhaps by Caldera?

I think you'll find that's the case; probably support is handed over to Caldera
- it's a "partnership" thing.
Netscape for Solaris is also shipped with
Solaris 2.6 for SPARC and X86.  It even comes on it's own CD
but with Sun's screen printing.  Also, some of the buttons are modifed too!
The "Software" button on my ordinary Netscape 3.01 is labeled "About Sun"
and takes you to Sun's home page in the 2.6 bundled 3.03 version!

rachel

Rachel Polanskis                  University of Western Sydney, Nepean
Asst. UNIX Admin                  PO Box 10, Kingswood NSW 2747
Systems && Operations             Computing && Communications Division K'wood
r.polanskis at nepean.uws.edu.au     Phone: +61 (47) 360 291