[H-GEN] Bind & Squid

Steve Pinel stevep at ssc.qld.edu.au
Tue Oct 21 22:34:26 EDT 1997

Evening all,

I know there is book by O'Reilly & Associates on Bind.  Can anyone tell me
if it is worth getting, and whether there is a similar book on Squid.

I am hoping to use a Linux box to service a site of about 50-60 machines,
with a permanent 64k ISDN link from the net.  Will Bind and Squid do this
adequately?

The hardware I am using is an Apple Workgroup Server 6150/66 (equivalent to
a standard Pentium 75-90), running MKLinux.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me what happens at Humbug meetings, and if
anyone there has any experience with MkLinux or Linux-PPC?