[H-GEN] PPP and low memory..

Bradley Marshall bmarshal at plugged.net.au
Sat Nov 22 01:18:30 EST 1997

Hey all,

Having been playing with our dial out machine here at PI for a while,
Rob and I have come up with an interesting theory that pppd is not
liking our "low" memory machine (8 megs).

We can dial up, and get pppd going via minicom fine, by quitting out and
not resetting the modem, and manually running pppd, but any attempt to
use a chat script to automate it is met with inconsistant behaviour, and
the machine seems to run rather slowly, even tho it is hardly running
anything.  Rob has also attempted this on another 8 meg machine, and
locked it up hard.  Has anyone else seen any situation like this?  Any
tips?

Thanks,
Brad
--