[H-GEN] Netscape (again)

Eric Hornsby eric at bremer.qld.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 23:59:44 EST 1997

Hi

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, John wrote:

> This leads me to think the problem is with my setup. Does Netscape need
> anything special in the way of nameservers, routing etc ?. I am running
> named on my system (why ?, because i can !) but I have not done anything
> special with routing.
> I've attached the output of a netstat -r command as a file because I
> can't figure out how to cut and paste from emacs to netscape mail yet.
>
> Any ideas anyone ?

have you tried it without your named running (and with another nameserver
configured in /etc/resolv.conf) - that might narrow it down to whether
it's your dns setup or not

also, i'm curious abot the first line in your routing table - what have
you got that 255.255.255.255 entry routing through eth0 for ?  seems like
an error to me :-)
can't think why that would stuff your dns though....
good luck
Eric