[H-GEN] Hand Held Computers

Raymond Smith raymond at it.uq.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 00:01:15 EST 1997

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, David Shackleton wrote:
> On other units at that time (like the Nippondenso BHT-3000 series), we
> were able to have the code 'uploaded' into their battery-backed RAM thus
> allowing very quick development/testing cycles.  At the time, the
> impression I got (from my Newton developer contact) was that the Newton's
> only worked via the PCMCIA interface.

The impression I got at the DSTC was that you could do this with the new
versions of the Newton, but you need to use AppleTalk and some other
Newton-specific software to the transfer. Bruce probably knows more.

Raymond.

---
raymond at it.uq.edu.au
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allan Poe.