[H-ANNOUNCE] Firewall Customer Support in Woolloongabba

Mark Suter suter at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Sat Apr 8 08:25:47 EDT 2006

Ross Camm from Secure Computing sent the following to us and asked we
pass it to our members:

> We have a vacancy at Snapgear/Securecomputing for a full time firewall
> customer support person at our Woolloongabba office, who has strong
> networking skills.
>
> We are looking for either a graduate or experienced network person.
>
> Primarily it will involve level 1 & 2 support for all Snapgear and
> potentially Securecomputing products.

I've included Ross' longer job description below.

Please email Ross Camm <ross_camm at au.securecomputing.com> with
any questions and/or your resumes.

--
Mark Suter
Humbug President

----------------------------- begin -----------------------------

Customer Support Engineer

With over 11,000 customers and a worldwide network of partners,
Secure Computing(r) is the expert in securing the connections
between people, applications, and networks.  We offer the world's
strongest security appliance/ firewall, strong authentication
and filtering software that helps customers create trusted
environments both inside and outside of their organisations.

Basic Purpose

The Customer Support Engineer (CSE) will provide second level
problem resolution by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving
operational issues encountered by our installed customers.
Support will include both hardware and software support for
complex networking environments and the network operating systems
that they run on.  Successful applicant enjoys learning new
technologies and skills in a fast-paced learning environment.
The CSE will manage a high caseload to closure or escalation,
and will document cases to ensure escalation and turnover
are efficient workflows.  CSE will understand the customer?s
requirements, detect the customers attitude, and manage the
situation accordingly.  CSE will effectively communicate to
internal and external customers.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

  * Investigate, diagnose and analyse highly technical firewall
    and VPN issues in a mission critical 24x7 work environment.

  * Provide expertise to achieve the highest levels of network
    security.

  * Work independently on complex problems where analysis of
    situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various
    factors.

  * Work effectively with development to resolve issues during
    escalations.

  * Provide feedback and work towards improving support services
    to ensure customer satisfaction.

  * Document all actions taken towards resolving customer issues
    in call tracking database.

  * Communicate issues and client feedback to the product
    development team.

  * Provide firewall administration support internally.

  * Represent the organisation on specific projects, externally
    at conferences, and with vendors.

Essential Experience, Skills and Environment

  * Prefer (but not require)Bachelor?s degree from a four-year
    college or university and two or more years related experience
    and/or training.

  * Highly developed troubleshooting skills combined with
    superior customer handling skills.

  * Excellent English written, verbal and telephone skills.

  * Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills at network
    and OS levels.

  * Strong knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP networking, protocols and
    LAN configurations.

  * Familiarity with relational databases (MaxDB, Oracle, SQL) is
    a plus

Reporting Structure

  This position reports to Manager, Worldwide Support

Secure Computing offers a dynamic work environment and a spirit
of innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
that includes stock options.