[H-ANNOUNCE] [nicola at acsvic.com: Richard Stallman to speak in Brisbane]

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Wed Sep 15 01:44:16 EDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Nicola Fern <nicola at acsvic.com> -----

To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Nicola Fern <nicola at acsvic.com>
Subject: Richard Stallman to speak in Brisbane

Greetings,

I thought your members might be interested in the following news:

Richard Stallman is coming to Australia in October as a keynote speaker at
the Builder Conference in Sydney (www.builderconference.com.au) and the
Australian Computer Society is pleased to announce that he'll travel
further afield to talk about "The Free Software Movement and the GNU/Linux
Operating System".

When:  Monday, 11 October 2004, 5pm for 5.30-7.30pm (we've allowed lots of
time for questions)
Where:  UQ Business School Downtown, Seminar Room East, Level 19, Central
Plaza 1, 345 Queen Street, Brisbane
Registration:  $15 ACS members, $25 non-members (Students and unwaged free).
How to register:  Registration form attached or visit www.acs.org.au/qld to
register online

Kind regards,
Nicola

Nicola Fern
PD Board Administrator
Australian Computer Society
The Tea House
28 Clarendon Street (Locked Bag 36)
South Melbourne  3205
Phone:  (03) 9690 8000, option 3
Freecall 1800 671 003 (within Australia)
Visit our website at http://www.acs.org.au
e:  nicola at acsvic.com
Please note:  Nicola Fern is available Monday - Thursday

ACS REFERS YOU TO THE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE ABOUT THIS EMAIL AT
www.acs.org.au.disclaimer.htm

----- End forwarded message -----

raymond at storybridge.org