[H-ADMIN] PayPal account validation

Joel Addison jaddi27 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:59:39 AEST 2017

> On 1 Nov 2017, at 10:54 am, Russell Stuart <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2017-10-31 at 00:07 +0000, Clinton Roy wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.
>
> I am attempting to do the PayPal validation, but I keep getting a
> "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong.  We're experiencing
> technical difficulties. Please try again later" errors from their web
> site.  I've been getting similar errors when doing this for LA, and
> have reported it via numerous channels (web forms, email, phone calls).
> So far there has been no change.
>
> In LA's case I asked them "given your web site won't let me validate
> the account does that still mean we lose access in 30 days", the answer
> was an emphatic "yes".  The answer to "can I do it any other way" was
> "no".
>
> I suggest you transfer remove all money out of the PayPal account now,
> before access is lost.

So everyone is aware of the outcome here:
All of the money in the PayPal account has been transferred out to our normal bank account. We will need to remember to put money in when the next website hosting bill comes through, but that should not be until the second half of next year. We will continue to work to validate the account with PayPal, but this could take a while to achieve based on how things have been going so far.