[H-ADMIN] Talk proposal

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Sep 22 02:37:54 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 03:49 +0000, Paul Gampe wrote:
> My name is Paul Gampe and I've been a long time subscriber to Humbug and done
> a few talks in the past. I would like to propose a talk about my latest open-
> source project [1] where we have implemented the oBIX (open building
> information exchange) protocol to help manager the scale of NEXTDC's data
> centre telemetry data.
>
> If accepted I have a summary of the talk for members etc.

Acceptance is pretty much automatic Paul.  The only question is
scheduling.  Talks usually happen at around 5 PM, timed to finish before
we depart for dinner at 6 PM.  If you need more time start earlier.  So
choose a date from the humbug home page and a start time, tell us, and
we will put it up on the web site.  We have an AGM coming up on the 28th
of October, so it is probably best to avoid that.

Finally, external speakers like yourself are invited to have dinner with
us at around 6:30.  Humbug pays.  It is typically at the local curry
joint.