[H-ADMIN] [H-GEN] Room bookings

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Jul 3 21:08:25 EDT 2013

Claire, are able to help us out here?

To give you a bit of background, Humbug meets fortnightly at UQ.  For
many years Del Molloy of ITS has booked rooms in ITS's name on our
behalf.  (Apparently to get the room for free it has to be an internal
request).

This is still happening, but a recent change in how Room Bookings does
things has made it harder.  Until now the procedure was that a few weeks
for the start of the semester Del would put in a request for us for the
entire semester.  We could then put the resulting block up on our web
page so our members could plan ahead.  Sometimes a room wasn't available
to exams or some such - which is not a problem if we have plenty of
warning.

Now the Room Booking procedure is only allowing requests for 1 month
ahead.  This means we will continually have to bug Del - something she
never complains about but I am sure is a burden, and this meeting we
didn't know if we would have a room at all less than a week out, which
makes planning difficult.

Would you be able to procure us rooms on a more permanent basis?  Rooms
we have had before are documented here:

http://www.humbug.org.au/Meetings

--
Regards,