[H-ADMIN] HUMBUG Meeting Sponsorship Inquiry

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Mar 11 20:54:41 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 12:59 +1000, David Harrison wrote:
> One thing that crossed my mind was possibly sponsoring dinner for
> attendees- just providing a cash amount that you can use to order
> something like Pizza Cafe pizzas (assuming they're still as good as I
> remember).

You could do that.  We tend to go to curry connection in Hawkin Village
for dinner now.

> I haven't been to a meeting for many years and I'm not sure what the
> format is these days, so I'm not sure what we'd be able to do in return,
> so very open to suggestions on that front.

An alternative to sponsoring dinner would be to come in and give a talk
on running a hosting service, specifically the Linux side of it.  It
might suit your purposes better, and I know the audience would be keen
to hear what you have to say.

--
Russell Stuart
Humbug President.