[H-ADMIN] HUMBUG Meeting Sponsorship Inquiry

David Harrison david at mammoth.com.au
Mon Mar 7 21:59:32 EST 2011

Hi guys,

Just a quick inquiry regarding the possibility of some small sponsoring
of HUMBUG meetings.

I work for a Brisbane-based company called Mammoth Media; last year we
launched a new virtual private server hosting service called Mammoth VPS
(http://www.mammothvps.com.au).

We're starting to ramp it up and I've been given a small budget for some
marketing bits and pieces. I used to go to the very early HUMBUG
meetings possibly as far back as '95 while I was at UQ and it's
basically our direct target audience, so I was hoping there might be
something we could do.

One thing that crossed my mind was possibly sponsoring dinner for
attendees- just providing a cash amount that you can use to order
something like Pizza Cafe pizzas (assuming they're still as good as I
remember).

I haven't been to a meeting for many years and I'm not sure what the
format is these days, so I'm not sure what we'd be able to do in return,
so very open to suggestions on that front.

If something like this is an option and you guys are keen, please let me
know!

Thanks,

--
Regards,