[H-ADMIN] Librarian's report

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Fri Jun 24 08:19:41 EDT 2011

On 24/06/11 15:20, Russell Stuart wrote:
> Greg,
> it would be nice if you give us a df on the VM, backup status, plus a
> list of packages needing security by the same time.

The df is easy:

  $ df -h
  /dev/xvda              12G  4.3G  7.4G  37% /
  tmpfs                  12G  4.3G  7.4G  37% /lib/init/rw
  tmpfs                 257M     0  257M   0% /dev/shm

According to logs (and the lack of whining from the backup scripts), the
backups are up to date.

I don't know how best to answer the third question. The summary from
"sudo apt-get -s upgrade" shows:

    bind9 bind9utils dnsutils libbind9-50 libisccc50 libisccfg50
    liblwres50
    apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork apache2.2-common dhcp3-client
    dhcp3-common libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libcups2 libcupsimage2
    libmysqlclient15off libperl5.10 libsvn1 libtiff4 libxml2
    login mailman mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server-5.0 perl
    perl-base perl-modules php5 php5-common postfix python-libxml2
    python-moinmoin python-subversion subversion subversion-tools
  30 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
  23 not fully installed or removed.

I suspect that some of this is an artifact of the recent work done on
the VM by our provider. I suggest that we actually look at upgrading
what needs it at the meeting so that we can jointly sort out any odd
behaviour of upgraded software.

Cheers, Greg