[H-ADMIN] AGM Reports

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Tue Aug 31 21:16:00 EDT 2010

Hi everyone.  I have finally got my act together put written my
Presidents report for the AGM.  Its on the AGM Minutes Wiki page Clinton
created.

So far only Clinton and I have posted our reports.  We agreed at that
last Exec meeting to have our reports up by last weekend.  That was
always ambitious but now time is running out.  Please try to have your
reports up by tomorrow.

You'll notice Clinton’s is very short.   Short is good.  In the case of
the treasurers report all we need is:

  starting balance reported at last AGM is $xxx
  - expenses was $xxx on new equipment, $yyy bank fees
  + income of $xxx from membership, $yyy interest
  the current balance is $xxx
  outstanding items (uncashed cheques, etc) is $zzz,
  yielding a bank balance of $bbb.

VP's report:

  At the last AGM we have AAA members.
  BBB members renewed.
  CCC members didn't renew.
  EEE new financial members.
  Which gives us FFF members.

Unfortunately we will likely get new members just before the AGM, so you
will have to adjust these number on the fly.  I'd personally shut down
membership joining at about 5 PM so you guys can sort out your final
figures.  If we are going to do that, we should put a public
announcement out about it ASAP.  What do you all think?

Librarians/SysAdmin Report is just the same as the Exec report.

Personally, I would not bother with the other non-Exec reports - but if
you want to do one feel free, otherwise delete the section from the
minutes.