[H-GEN] Talk proposal - Taking phone OS patching into your own hands

Marco Ostini marco.ostini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:50:24 AEST 2018

Hi All,

At lca this year I caught up with Russell, Greg & Clinton, which was
good. It's been a long time since I've attended a Humbug meeting,
although I certainly consider myself still a Humbug member.

Clinton suggested I could give a talk, and I was thinking of doing a
bit of a tutorial on how to patch the OS on your Android phone
properly, when it's is no longer, or poorly supported. I'll be using
LineageOS. The intention is to start at the very beginning and go step
by step through the whole process.

LineageOS is based on AOSP code and has already patched Spectre & Meltdown.

What do people think? Is this of interest?

Cheers,
Marco