[H-GEN] Vintage computing mystery

Jack Newport jack at trasher.org
Fri Feb 2 12:25:53 AEST 2018

Hi folks,

I found this old board/card in a box of miscellaneous scrap computer
parts. It has been assembled by hand as you can see in the photos. One
of the chips is labelled with the date 15/6/92.

Pictures:  https://imgur.com/a/Aewpc

The board has a serial port and a 96 pin connector, along with two LEDs
and a two-position switch on the front.

I'm curious to know what the purpose of this board was. There is a
Motorola CPU, RAM and ROM chips on the board, so I'm wondering if it
might just run standalone if powered up. If the serial port is supposed
to connect to a terminal then it should reveal some clues as to its
purpose if it can be powered up.

Is anybody on here knowledgeable / interested in this kind of stuff?

Cheers,
Jack