[H-GEN] [H-ANNOUNCE] AGM 2017 Minutes

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Oct 6 14:49:52 AEST 2017

On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 09:13 +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Many of these facilities are close to ample accomodation.
>
> I was on the organising committee for a (non-IT) conference earlier
> in the year.  We held the conference at the Albert Waterways
> Community Centre and were very happy with the venue (and the price).
>
> http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/community/mermaid-waters-albert-water
> ways-community-centre-3380.html

The problem is the size.  As soon as you eliminate all venues that
can't cater for at least 600 during the plenary events you end up with
a very small list of venues.  Unless I'm missing something, Mermaid
Waters is too small.

I'm sure the organising committee would be eternally grateful to you if
proved me wrong, and it could be used by LCA.