[H-GEN] Where can I buy DDR2? As in walk in and get...

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Nov 1 20:29:19 AEST 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-01 at 19:29 +1000, Nina Gudiksen wrote:
> Thanks but they have 667MHz, I need 266MHz - think really old and
> clunky...

The speed doesn't matter. If the DIMM is faster than the mother board
it won't care if your motherboard drives it slow, and if it's slower
the motherboard should automatically slow it's timings.  What you can't
do is mix DIMM's with different specs.

All that said, even if you have everything right it still may not work.
 If it was me and I cared about the $22, I'd take the thing into the
store and get them to fit it.